Wednesday 15 January 2014

Travel vs Money.


The truth is there are so many things swirling around my head, it almost feels like I’m trying to swim upstream against a strong current that’s just trying to pull me under. Currently? I’m still above the surface and my ever expanding outlook on life is helping keep me there. I have the strongest, most indescribable desire to see the world; not only see it, but to experience it. I want to sit on my own at the top of a mountain on top of the world, breathing in the freshest air and watching an eagle swoop down and fly at its own will.

Obviously I’ve always wanted to fly, hasn’t everyone? But I also believe that if we were able to it wouldn’t be this dream that everyone had, we would take it for granted and not realise how lucky we were, which I guess is also my attitude on money. It’s sad to think that money is such a depending factor on whether we can or can’t do what we want to in life. If money wasn’t an issue I would up and leave and travel around the world, seeing every nook and cranny the world has to offer and no doubt everyone has a stored up answer for when someone asks "what would you do if money wasn’t an issue?" But again it’s the M word that stops it. My guess is nearly everyone reading this, which is more than likely not many, have heard the question “what would you do if you won the lottery?”. Funny enough you have to play it to actually win it which in my experience not many people seem to realise, it’s as though talking about it and day dreaming about it will automatically one day make you win.

Anyway, slightly off key there, but the fact is I yearn to travel the world. I am extremely lucky already, I have visited around 26 countries which is phenomenal for my age (I am 19 by the way) and I know how lucky I am. I simply yearn for more, I guess you could say I have a severe case of the 'travel bug'. But this is the exact reason why I have decided to go traveling, for a month and all by myself. And as I am scraping pennies trying to save up enough, I am counting down the days until I leave. Which happens to be in fact... 3 months today.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your blog! :) you are sooo lucky to be able to go travelling 0_0 I would really like to follow your blog :) What's your URL? If you wouldn't mind could you also check out my blog, sorry but its not very good and a bit random xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much :) that means a lot! I know and I can't wait to go traveling on my own :) Sorry, I'm so new to this I hadn't put in my URL on profile, but I think this is it... wonderousgirl94.blogspot.se I will definitely check your blog out too! I'm just off to work now so I will do it this evening :') Thank you again xx

      Delete
    2. Ok thanks, and its ok I havent put mine in yet either! :)

      Delete